Q: dynamic playlist of unrated songs

Gary Steinert gary.steinert at gmail.com
Mon Jul 6 13:39:25 UTC 2009

On Thursday 02 July 2009 01:56:13 Jeff Mitchell wrote:
> Yes.  The statement that "rating it 1/2 suggests I like something about
> it" is totally stupid, because if 1/2 is the lowest rating you can give
> the track, it's pretty clear that you don't like anything about the
> track, because you can't rate it any lower.  This isn't a valid reason
> why the lowest rating possible must be zero.

I was talking from a users point of view, in that setting the lowest possible
rating to 1/2 would be about as intuitive as saying "You can rate a track
between 10 and 20". To most people, any scale of rating starts at 0, not 1/2
or 10 or any other number.

--
Gary Steinert -  In India, "cold weather" is merely a conventional phrase and
has come into use through the necessity of having some way to distinguish