Exact macth on search strings?

Ian Monroe ian.monroe at gmail.com
Fri Jan 30 16:43:46 UTC 2009

On Thu, Jan 29, 2009 at 11:12 AM, Stefano Franchi
<franchi at philosophy.tamu.edu> wrote:
> On Thursday 29 January 2009 10:57:07 Ian Monroe wrote:
>> On Thu, Jan 29, 2009 at 10:52 AM, Stefano Franchi
>>
>> <franchi at philosophy.tamu.edu> wrote:
>> > I am trying to find out how to search the collection with an exact
>> > string
>> > match, but neither the double quotes in the search bar, nor the "Exact
>> > match" radio button in the "Advanced" search panel work. Fior instance,
>> > if I search for "Ravel" I also get back all the songs with "travel"
>> > "traveling", "traveller," etc. in their titles. Is this a bug or I am
>> > doing something wrong?
>>
>> Ravel is part of "travel". So it is an exact match. I suspect you knew
>> that and just made a bad example here. :)
>>
>> Ian
>
> Well, then we have different definitions of "exact match" ;-) I thought it
> meant "exact same string", you're telling me it means "includes the exact
> sequence of characters"
> So, what is the trick to get "Ravel" and not "travel"?
> Perhaps " Ravel "?

" Ravel " (w/quotation marks) appears to work. Of course it actually
needs the spaces to be there, the beginning or end of a string don't
count as a space.

-travel should exclude all tracks with "travel". But it appears to not
work. This is a bug though.

Ian