Exact macth on search strings?

Stefano Franchi franchi at philosophy.tamu.edu
Thu Jan 29 17:12:13 UTC 2009

On Thursday 29 January 2009 10:57:07 Ian Monroe wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 29, 2009 at 10:52 AM, Stefano Franchi
>
> <franchi at philosophy.tamu.edu> wrote:
> > I am trying to find out how to search the collection with an exact string
> > match, but neither the double quotes in the search bar, nor the "Exact
> > match" radio button in the "Advanced" search panel work. Fior instance,
> > if I search for "Ravel" I also get back all the songs with "travel"
> > "traveling", "traveller," etc. in their titles. Is this a bug or I am
> > doing something wrong?
>
> Ravel is part of "travel". So it is an exact match. I suspect you knew
> that and just made a bad example here. :)
>
> Ian

Well, then we have different definitions of "exact match" ;-) I thought it meant
"exact same string", you're telling me it means "includes the exact sequence
of characters"
So, what is the trick to get "Ravel" and not "travel"?
Perhaps " Ravel "?

Cheers,

S.

Stefano Franchi
Department of Philosophy          Ph:  (979) 862-2211
Texas A&M University              Fax: (979) 845-0458
305B Bolton Hall                  franchi at philosophy.tamu.edu
College Station, TX 77843-4237