Proposal: generalize playlist concept - short version with pics

Pavel Shved pavel.shved at gmail.com
Mon Jan 12 11:08:06 UTC 2009

Seb Ruiz wrote:
> We intentionally removed this from Amarok 2 (we used to have a queue manager).
> Tabbed playlists are not a feature that we are willing to support,
Without these two things my proposal loses all its attractivity and
sense.  I do admit it.

With at least one of them, it introduces logical (for developers) and
user-controllable (with several difficulty levels for different users)
way to implement these concepts and for them to interact.  Not only for
developers, for users!

 From user's perspective he may even not see the queue at all - if he
feels he's not advanced enough.  Non-advanced user just keeps pressing
same buttons, and invisible queue will change itsself according to
patters.  But if the user feels advanced enough, why restrict him?

Pavel.