Proposal: generalize playlist concept - short version with pics

Seb Ruiz ruiz at kde.org
Mon Jan 12 09:32:51 UTC 2009

2009/1/12 Pavel Shved <pavel.shved at gmail.com>:
> Seb Ruiz wrote:
>>
>> Aside from internal infrastructure changes, from a user perspective,
>> how would this be different from what we have now?
>
> From user perspective the Queue is a visible and editable list that is
> separate from playlist.

We intentionally removed this from Amarok 2 (we used to have a queue manager).

> At the zeroth place, the presence of singleton Queue will desingletonizate
> the Playlist and user will get several of them available at once with easy
> switching between them via tabbed view on the fly.

Tabbed playlists are not a feature that we are willing to support, for
a myriad of reasons. We simply don't believe that they are necessary
or fit with the Amarok usage styles which we are trying to promote.

Our aim for a playlist is to be simple and intuitive. Your suggestion
would add many levels of complexity that I don't think any of the
developers would find enticing or that would bring enough advantages
to the table to warrant such a massive change.

--
Seb Ruiz

http://www.sebruiz.net/
http://amarok.kde.org/