patch for src/playlist/view...

Nikolaj Hald Nielsen nhnfreespirit at gmail.com
Sat Jan 10 10:02:29 UTC 2009

Hi Thomas,

Thanks for the patch. I just added all this new playlist code from a
personal git branch the other day, so I am well aware that it needs a
lot of polish still! :-)

If you are interested, you are more than welcome to help improving it
and making sure that Amarok 2.1.0 gets the coolest playlist of any
player out there. The major task that needs doing is coming up with a
simple and intuitive interface for letting users configure elements
just they way they want them. As you know, each layout consists of a
head, a body and a single_track elements, so we need a GUI where the
user can specify one of each and then save it as a layout. I was
thinking about using some of the ideas from the new "Guess Tags From
Filename" dialog where you drag tokens representing the different
available onto a drop area to generate a line. For each element it
should then be possible to specify how many lines there should be and
whether the cover should be shown and so on.

Also, do you have an example layout using some of the new features (
auto sizing and custom strings ) that your patch added? If so, could
you please send a patch with that?

If you are interested in helping out more with this stuff, you can
usually catch me on IRC channel #amarok on irc.freenode.net . My nick
is nhnFreespirit. I will most likely be away most of today though.

- Nikolaj