Missing Artist Album Tag

Loïc Da Silva loic.da-silva at orange.fr
Sat Jan 3 17:02:48 UTC 2009

Hello,

I'm on Amarok 1.4.10 and I wonder why Amarok don't use the Artist Album
tag, like Windows Media Player, to organize the collection. Because if
you have an album where one track his featured, and you write the two
artists in the Artist tag, your album go to the categorie Compilation
even if it isn't really one. So I suggest you to put the album in the
Artist Tree if there is an Album Artist tag, and in compilation if there
is no and it isn't the same artist.

Moreover, I propose to had a MultiCD Album gestion. For example, you
have an album with 2 CDs, you tag 1 and 2 in the CD number tag, and then
you have this tree in your collection :

Artist
+----Album
		+----Track 1
		+----Track n
		+----Track 1
		+----Track m

Thank you for reading my e-mail.

Waiting for an answer,

Loïc Da Silva

NB: Sorry for my grammar, but I'm french :)