Supplementary scripts

Tomasz Bątor tomba4 at gmail.com
Thu Feb 19 10:51:42 UTC 2009

Hi Myriam,

On Thu, Feb 19, 2009 at 8:28 AM, Myriam Schweingruber
<myriam.schweingruber at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Where can I get supplementary scripts for Amarok 2? I'd like to
>> compile it and there seems to be no way to do it without them.
>
> Hm, read the following:
>
> http://websvn.kde.org/tags/amarok/2.0.1/amarok/README?view=markup

It's pretty much the same as on the Wiki:
http://amarok.kde.org/wiki/Compiling:2.0
http://amarok.kde.org/wiki/Development/MySQL_Embedded

but thanks for http link to svn. I could get the script I wanted this way.

BTW, is there a particular reason not to include
supplementary_scripts/ in the official tarball?

>> ps. compling KDE 4 was a piece of cake compared to Amarok 2... :/
>
> Oh come on, I compile Amarok every day, and sometimes more than once,
> and it really is easy.

I suspect there won't be any problems after you make it work for the
first time. Right now I simply cannot make Amarok find embedded MySQL
and the output from cmake could be in Klingon and it wouldn't make any
difference. There's simply no way to tell what's wrong:

"
-- MySQL not found.
-- MySQL Embedded not found.
"

I did use the ./build-mysqle.sh and I updated CMAKE_LIBRARY_PATH and
CMAKE_INCLUDE_PATH. What else should I do?

Thanks for your help.

t.