[Patch] "No grouping" checkbox in playlist layout

Tim Bocek tim.bocek at gmail.com
Sun Aug 30 14:28:36 UTC 2009

I'm willing to give it a try, though I might be a bit short on time in the
next few days and might not get it by string freeze, which IIRC is tomorrow
(if I gathered correctly from the database junior job thread, I can't find a
page on the InfoBase wiki that has this).

Just to clarify: on the UI side, you're asking me to remove the "No
Grouping" checkbox and replace it with a "Group By" combo box that has:
Artist
Album
Composer
etc.
No Grouping

If so, some questions:  Does the menu at the bottom of the playlist window
that already has these options stay, or do we remove it in favor of the
combo box in the layout (I would vote to keep it, personally).  If yes to
that, if the user selects a playlist that is set up to group by, say,
composer, and then selects in the widget in the playlist window to group by
artist instead, does that change the playlist layout or just override the
default?

No worries about the sorting slip, I know what you meant ;)

Thanks
-Tim