daap collection speedup fix

Seb Ruiz ruiz at kde.org
Sat Aug 29 05:28:04 UTC 2009

2009/8/29  <dunsens at web.de>:
> hi,
>
> i've written a patch for the DaapCollection which massively speeds up
> collection parsing. the problem was heavy using of QMap and QList when loading
> the song list in parseSongList(), therefore i have rewritten the parsing for
> this specific task to fill in the information directly into the several
> collection maps directly. this also shrinks heap usage for the daap collection
> froughly by the half for me. still it uses MemoryCollection which stores
> everything in ram.
> now loading of a 67000 songs db takes roughly one minute, while before it took
> over 27 min with full cpu usage on one core. this fixes bug 173048, which has
> been accidentially closed.

Hi Duns,
Thanks for the patch. I'm currently testing it and will commit it to
git mainline asap. I've touched up your patch a tiny amount - removed
excessive debugging statements which would spam stdout, as well as
removed a number of statusbar updates which seemed superfluous.

Keep the patches coming!

> cheers,
> duns
>
> btw. do kde svn accounts also work on amarok git?

No, svn accounts are not applicable on git. It's very simple however
(and you can do it yourself). Head over to http://www.gitorious.org,
create an account, clone the amarok repo
(http://www.gitorious.org/amarok), write some code and issue a merge
request into amarok proper. This way, you can do all the development
you want, we can review the code and you get all the glory of patching
us up!

Cheers

--
Seb Ruiz