Patch: Cover manager fix for 1.4.10

Benjamin Johnson obeythepenguin at gmail.com
Sat Aug 22 02:07:28 UTC 2009

First of all, a disclaimer: Yes, I'm aware that 1.4 is no longer being
maintained, but I still use it, and I'm sure others do too.  I'm
posting this in case anyone else finds it helpful.

After re-installing yesterday, I noticed the cover manager was no
longer working, and after exhaustive googling returned nothing, I
decided to investigate it myself.  Apparently this is due to
(another?) change in Amazon's API.  I noticed that the current Git
branch now uses last.fm to fetch album artwork, so I went in and
backported the changes to 1.4.

THIS IS A VERY CRUDE PATCH (I just wanted something that could compile
and run).  It replaces the original Amazon fetching code, but leaves
in a bunch of unused variables and a few functions from the old
version.  The UI text still refers to Amazon, although Amazon-specific
functions (i.e. change locale) are now disabled.  If anyone wants to
clean this up or improve the code, please go ahead. :-)

Hope this helps any other 1.4 users experiencing trouble.