Podcast in amarok-2.1.1 ?

Myriam Schweingruber myriam.schweingruber at gmail.com
Sat Aug 15 11:19:47 UTC 2009

On Sat, Aug 15, 2009 at 10:02, Jonathan Ryshpan<jonrysh at pacbell.net> wrote:
> Is it possible to play a podcast in amarok-2.1.1?  Running under
> Fedora-11.
>
> It looks like you have to select Internet from the left edge, then
> double click on Podcast Directory, which gives a large menu of podcasts,
> taken from feeds.feedburner.com (and apparently some other sites --
> which?).  Then you click on the type of podcast you're interested, here
> "Politics and Government", which produces a submenu, from which you
> select the podcast you want, here "KQED's Forum".

I can tell you how it works now in the development version 2.2-git:

once you found the podcast you want, you have a button at the bottom
where you can subscribe to it.

Then you go to the subscribed podcasts list (there has been a major
layout change in 2.2, but I guess that is in the Playlists section in
2.1.1)

There you can see the current episodes and select the one you want to play.

> There must be some way to get the menu of podcast episodes, but I don't
> know what it is.  It's possible to drag the podcast "KQED's Forum" to
> amarok's center or right pane, but nothing much happens, in particular
> there is no menu of episodes.  How do I get a menu of episodes?
>
> Also, how can I subscribe to a podcast that isn't in the original menu
> of podcasts from feedburner?

You will need to get the feed URL, then you can add it to the
subscribed podcasts (there is a "Add a podcast" option on top).

> Also, all of the podcasts show the artist as "Dummy".  Can this be
> changed?

Now it shows simply nothing. The amount of information you can see
depends on the metadata sent by the podcast stream. We have no
influence on that.

Hope this helps.

Regards, Myriam.
http://www.fsfe.org