Podcast in amarok-2.1.1 ?

Jonathan Ryshpan jonrysh at pacbell.net
Sat Aug 15 08:02:20 UTC 2009

Is it possible to play a podcast in amarok-2.1.1?  Running under
Fedora-11.

It looks like you have to select Internet from the left edge, then
double click on Podcast Directory, which gives a large menu of podcasts,
taken from feeds.feedburner.com (and apparently some other sites --
which?).  Then you click on the type of podcast you're interested, here
"Politics and Government", which produces a submenu, from which you
select the podcast you want, here "KQED's Forum".

There must be some way to get the menu of podcast episodes, but I don't
know what it is.  It's possible to drag the podcast "KQED's Forum" to
amarok's center or right pane, but nothing much happens, in particular
there is no menu of episodes.  How do I get a menu of episodes?

Also, how can I subscribe to a podcast that isn't in the original menu
of podcasts from feedburner?

Also, all of the podcasts show the artist as "Dummy".  Can this be
changed?

Thanks - jon