Fingerprinting in Amarok

Kolja Dummann k.dummann at gmail.com
Mon Aug 3 09:45:38 UTC 2009

Hey out there,

I just saw Myriam closing some bug / wish related to this theme and
that's why I interested in knowing what is the future of
fingerprinting in Amarok.
Are there any plans to bring that back? And is there something going
on within the next or even 2.3 release?
On the other side I would like to know why we broke up with
MusicBrainz. I don't know why we would do work again that others did
for us. They have a fingerprinting algorithm and even better they have
a database with the fingerprints.I think the only advantage we get is
that we can find duplicated tracks in different formats, if we
implement it by ourselves, but we never get a service like Music
Brainz that allows you to tag your files from their Database.

Cheers
Kolja.