Bug 189898 fix

Colin Guthrie gmane at colin.guthr.ie
Mon Aug 3 09:58:53 UTC 2009

'Twas brillig, and Nikolaj Hald Nielsen at 02/08/09 16:25 did gyre and
gimble:
> The patch is created the right way, so good work on that! Feel free to
> call it something other than my_patch though, that was just meant as an
> example. As a rule of thumb, call it something that concisely describes
> what it does like "fix_playing_tracks_with_spaces_in_path.diff"
>
> Jeff is right about the "" comparison though. Could you do a new version
> that uses QString::isEmpty() please? (look here:
> http://doc.qtsoftware.com/4.5/qstring.html)

If you want proper credit etc, is it not better to commit to your local
clone and then supply git format-patch attachments?

Actually come to think of it, what is the generally accepted way to
submit patches now?

Some dev communities like inline patches on the mailing list for easy
peer review and some prefer patches as attachments to BZ?

While this is a devel list, it's quite chatted so I'd presume the latter
is more desirable?

If so, there is a handy git bz script available which can attach git
format-patch output directly to bugzilla. Quite handy - may be worth
playing with/recommending. I used the script from here:
http://blog.fishsoup.net/2008/11/16/git-bz-bugzilla-subcommand-for-git/

(Not that I've got anything to contribute right now, more just curious
as to whether git migration would change anything - but I doubt it does!)

Col

--

Colin Guthrie
gmane(at)colin.guthr.ie