Amarok 2 no sound

Kevin B. O'Brien zwilnik at zwilnik.com
Thu Apr 30 02:52:38 UTC 2009

Mark Kretschmann wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 29, 2009 at 11:35 AM, Thomas Olsen <tanghus at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On Tuesday 28 April 2009 19:34:30 Kevin B. O'Brien wrote:
>>
>>> I know that I am not alone from what I have found online, but when I
>>> upgraded to Jaunty with KDE 4.2, I also got Amarok 2. I have checked,
>>> and I do have phone-backend-xine installed, and I do not have the
>>> phonon-backend-gstreamer installed. I am now kind of stuck on what to do
>>> next. I know the problem is not with the sound in general since Miro
>>> plays videos just fine.
>>>

> Make sure to install libxine1-ffmpeg (provides MP3 support).

I  double-checked, and it is installed. But the file I was trying to
play was an *.ogg file, actually. I rip all of my CDs to *.ogg.

Thank you,

--
Kevin B. O'Brien         TANSTAAFL
zwilnik at zwilnik.com      Linux User #333216

build bigger and better idiot- proof programs, and the Universe trying
to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."
-- Rich Cook