Sound problem after building from source

Colin Kern colin.kern at gmail.com
Thu Apr 30 00:39:30 UTC 2009

Hello all,

Since the Arch Linux package for Amarok is currently broken, I'm
trying to build it from source, but I've run into a problem I can't
solve.

I'm using kdesvn-build and I have qt-copy, kdesupport, kdelibs and
then /extragear/multimedia/amarok modules set to build.  Everything
compiled without giving me an error, and Amarok is able to run, but I
can't play anything.  I've tried a last.fm stream and a local mp3 and
in both cases it just sits at the beginning of the song and doesn't do
anything, but doesn't give any error messages.  When I go to the sound
system configuration, I just get a blank dialog.

Does anyone know what is happening?  It seems like maybe it can't find
phonon, but I'm not sure how to fix this.

Thanks,
Colin