Amarok 2 no sound

O illogical1 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 28 17:47:24 UTC 2009

On Tue, Apr 28, 2009 at 1:34 PM, Kevin B. O'Brien <zwilnik at zwilnik.com> wrote:
> I know that I am not alone from what I have found online, but when I
> upgraded to Jaunty with KDE 4.2, I also got Amarok 2. I have checked,
> and I do have phone-backend-xine installed, and I do not have the
> phonon-backend-gstreamer installed. I am now kind of stuck on what to do
> next. I know the problem is not with the sound in general since Miro
> plays videos just fine.
>
> Thank you,
Kevin, I don't know what the problem is, but I have some words of
wisdom which should - hopefully, help you through this trying time, as
you hunt down the cause to your paucity of aural pleasure.

"Never let the future disturb you. You will meet it, if you have to,
with the same weapons of reason which today arm you against the
present."