QtBindings not found -- nothing works

Ian Monroe ian.monroe at gmail.com
Sat Apr 25 13:47:30 UTC 2009

On Fri, Apr 24, 2009 at 9:13 AM, Tomasz Bątor <tomba4 at gmail.com> wrote:
> I have Qt4 installed in /local/qt4 and I've copied generated qtscripts
> to /local/qt4/plugins/script. Any ideas? How does Qt 'know' if the
> plugins are available?

It compiles a little test application that basically does the same
thing as Amarok itself to use the plugins. So it uses the Qt plugin
system.

if you install qt at /local/qt4, the location is likeliy
/local/qt4/lib/plugins/script. The directory should already exist, if
you create a directory then you're doing it wrong.

One reason people seem to be failing when doing it manually is that it
compile errors out, they don't notice, and then they install whatever
plugins were produced.

Ian