amarok at gnome.org ??

joe joe585e at gmail.com
Tue Apr 21 19:59:25 UTC 2009

I of course think that you and all open-source contributors are immensely
wonderful people. Still i was taken aback at what just happened:

I plugged in an external hard drive, and it immediately started accessing like
crazy. I couldn't get a directory listing or anything. Very unnerving, i
wondered if malware were trashing the drive. But it was Amarok, which i
didn't realize because it was already running at the time. Amarok immediately
took the drive over. blocking all other access. Top told me it was Amarok,
but Amaroks menu wouldn't respond. I finally had to kill it to get control.

I'm sure one can disable this 'feature', but this does not seem like
appropriate default behavior. For a gnome project, maybe, but i thought kde
was about control.

Thank you for all your work, and i'm really happy for you that it's so very
popular.

joe