Amarok 2 and iPhone/iPod Touch

Nicolas Will nico at youplala.net
Mon Apr 13 13:13:17 UTC 2009

Hello everyone,

I'm pinging a second time, after 5 days. I promise not to return any more if I do not raise interest.

I have a question that probably got asked a gazillion time, but Google
is not helping much. There is also the option that what I am finding is
not what I want to hear...

Is Amarok 2 supporting the iPhone/iPod Touch in any way?

Here is the context:

Ubuntu 9.04 up-to-date
Gnome Desktop
iPod Touch 2.0 firmware, jailbroken, db version tweak
I can mount the iPod using sshfs
GTKpod sees and manages the iPod Touch fine.

Amarok 2.0.2 sees no iPod, the devices widget is empty.

It works with a regular iPod.

Before the upgrade to Ubuntu 9.04, using 8.10, same iPod Touch, I had no
problem using Amarok 1.4.x.

So, is my system weird, is the iPhone/iPod Touch just not supported yet,
is there anything I can do to get something working, am I missing
packages?

Thanks for any help,

Nico