Amarok 2 and iPhone/iPod Touch

Nicolas Will nico at youplala.net
Wed Apr 8 19:04:27 UTC 2009

Hello everyone,

I have a question that probably got asked a gazillion time, but Google
is not helping much. There is also the option that what I am finding is
not what I want to hear...

Is Amarok 2 supporting the iPhone/iPod Touch in any way?

Here is the context:

Ubuntu 9.04 up-to-date
Gnome Desktop
iPod Touch 2.0 firmware, jailbroken, db version tweak
I can mount the iPod using sshfs
GTKpod sees and manages the iPod Touch fine.

Amarok 2.0.2 sees no iPod, the devices widget is empty.

Before the upgrade to Ubuntu 9.04, using 8.10, same iPod Touch, I had no
problem using Amarok 1.4.x.

So, is my system weird, is the iPhone/iPod Touch just not supported yet,
is there anything I can do to get something working, am I missing
packages?

Thanks for any help,

Nico