Some minor podcasts bugs

Seb Ruiz ruiz at kde.org
Wed Apr 8 01:11:09 UTC 2009

2009/4/7 Arvid Piehl Lauritsen Böttiger <arvid at fys.ku.dk>:
> I couldn't find your official bug tracker I'm just dropping you an
> e-mail here on the list.
>
> It's my impression that only a few/none of the developers listen to a
> lot of podcasts, since the podcast support in Amarok2 still is really
> poor compared to 1.4. I guess you allready know it's missing features
> like autodownload and a "new podcast"-indicator, but here are some
> minor bugs I experience.
>
> When you download a podcast episode  it looks like amarok doesn't add
> the correct metadata to its database. As you can see (in the
> attachment), a file downloaded from an rss-feed have length = bitrate
> = samplerate = size = 0, but it plays fine.
>
> Also, if you have expanded some of your podcasts in the left-hand menu
> and Amarok chooses to look for updates all the podcasts will collapse
> again - kind of annoying.
>
> I know 2.1 is getting close, but fixing the problems above would
> really make my life quality improve with several orders of magnitude.
>
> best regards
>
> Arvid Böttiger

Hi Arvid,
Thanks for the email. If you don't mind, would you be able to file
these as bugs in our issue tracker? It would make it easier for us to
track the bugs and then actually get around to fixing them.

If you could do that, it would be great. Keep in mind that we can't
have reports with lots of sub issues within them, so individual
reports per problem please.

The url is: http://bugs.kde.org/

Many thanks again,
Seb

ps - I've just fixed one small bug which shows the "Format" correctly
(Instead of that "SQL Podcast" rubbish)

--
Seb Ruiz

http://www.sebruiz.net/