Some minor podcasts bugs

Arvid Piehl Lauritsen Böttiger arvid at fys.ku.dk
Tue Apr 7 10:49:37 UTC 2009

I couldn't find your official bug tracker I'm just dropping you an
e-mail here on the list.

It's my impression that only a few/none of the developers listen to a
lot of podcasts, since the podcast support in Amarok2 still is really
poor compared to 1.4. I guess you allready know it's missing features
like autodownload and a "new podcast"-indicator, but here are some
minor bugs I experience.

When you download a podcast episode  it looks like amarok doesn't add
the correct metadata to its database. As you can see (in the
attachment), a file downloaded from an rss-feed have length = bitrate
= samplerate = size = 0, but it plays fine.

Also, if you have expanded some of your podcasts in the left-hand menu
and Amarok chooses to look for updates all the podcasts will collapse
again - kind of annoying.

I know 2.1 is getting close, but fixing the problems above would
really make my life quality improve with several orders of magnitude.

best regards

Arvid Böttiger