suggestion: do not repeat artist

Tim Bocek tim.bocek at gmail.com
Sun Sep 28 16:30:49 UTC 2008

IIRC, iTunes has a similar feature with their random playlist system, where
it will avoid placing two songs by the same artist within too many songs of
each other.  First idea probably isn't too hard, and (I think) would fit
with the fuzzy bias system quite nicely.

As for the second idea, why not go off genre?  The artist link idea feels to
me like it would add a rather complicated component (both code-wise and
UI-wise) that has a somewhat limited use case - though I don't listen to
10,000 Maniacs, Natalie Merchant, OR REM, though, so I'm in absolutely no
position to understand your example.

-Tim