Restore Amarok MySQL dB

Seb Ruiz ruiz at kde.org
Mon Sep 22 22:10:07 UTC 2008

2008/9/23 Brian Blater <brb.lists at gmail.com>:
> I've just recently joined this list but have been an avid user of
> Amarok for quite some time now. Currently I'm using either Kubuntu or
> Ubuntu Studio as my desktop of choice. Last week I decided to
> reinstall my Ubuntu Studio to get the 8.04 version (I was on 7.10). So
> before shutting down and installing I did a mysqldump of the amarok
> db. After installing the new OS I restored the MySQL db. However, all
> my stats and especially my ratings are gone. I used the ratings in
> several smart playlists and don't want to have to totally redo all the
> ratings for my entire collection. Is there something I forgot to do in
> the backup and that is why I didn't get the ratings? Is there some way
> to get the ratings out of the backup db file?
>
> Any help will be greatly appreciated.

You'll have to do a bit of sql trickery unfortunately. Since you
reinstalled a new distro with most likely new partitions and what not,
the unique identifiers has changed. You'll need to find out your new
uuid (it will be listed in the devices table)

SELECT * FROM devices;

Find the correct device, and then update all your statistics with it:

UPDATE statistics SET deviceid = correctid

--
Seb Ruiz

http://www.sebruiz.net/
http://amarok.kde.org/