Mac Package: Reporting Bugs?

Big O illogical1 at gmail.com
Sun Sep 21 05:31:02 UTC 2008

On Sat, Sep 20, 2008 at 11:52 PM, Andrew Ash <andrew.ash at gatech.edu> wrote:
> Amarok team,
>
> Great work on Amarok 2, and special thanks to Orville Bennett for
> working on Mac packages!  I've been testing Amarok on the Mac for a
> bit now, and have some bugs to report.  Since some of them are Mac
> specific, and some are probably more general, I was wondering if I
> could get some feedback on them.
>
> Here's a quick bit on the bugs I've found.  I would of course write
> the full bug up when I report them, but I'm not sure which should go
> to bugs.kde.org and which cosmetic ones should possibly be left on the
> wiki.
>
> Amarok 2 OS X dmg package bugs:
>
> - The context view center panel has some pixel garbage in it
> occasionally.  Hovering over the add/remove widgets and zoom-out icon
> cause pixel garbage to be displayed in the hover-over icon.  See
> accompanying screenshots.
Already reported on bko. add your vote to confirm. seems like a mac
specific bug.

> - Moving the first track of an album brings the whole album with it in
> the playlist.  suppose I have two full albums in the playlist, Album A
> and Album B.  If I want to move the first track of Album B to the
> middle of Album A, then I highlight that track and drag it to the
> center and release.  Instead of just that single track moving, the
> entire Album B comes with it into where I dropped just the first
> track.  Is this by design?
general amarok bug.

> - The system tray icon's menu has a blank entry.  The options are:
> <blank>, previous track, play/pause, stop, next track, <divider>,
> minimize, and quit.  I think the blank entry may be related to the
> missing title in the task list that Christie mentioned.
KDE issue (kdebase?). Also report to bko.

> - Scrolling from one space to another (Apple's Spaces parallels
> virtual desktops on Linux) is slow and stuttery if it is to/from the
> Amarok window.  I think this is more a KDE-on-Mac issue than Amarok
> specifically.
yup.

> - Last.fm: trying to add my loved radio causes an error notification
> popup and crashes Amarok.  (I'm not a Last.fm subscriber).  This will
> probably be related to the last.fm library rewrite underway.

fixed in the latest "nighly". don't report :-)

> - The bottom of the playlist menu has an unnecessary divider: ...
> clear playlist, repeat, random, <unnecessary divider>.  This may exist
> on Linux too, but it's very visible in OS X's menu styling.
Thought I fixed that. Report to bko. i might forget and anyone can o it anyway.

> - Trying to open help doesn't work: "Could not launch the KDE Help
> Center: KDEInit could not launch 'khelpcenter'.: Could not find
> 'khelpcenter' executable"
KDE bug. report to bko

> - Scrolling on the wikipedia widget moves the scrollbar but the
> content doesn't change at all.
Amarok bug.

> - Setting the External web browser in General Settings seems to have
> no effect on the links in the wikipedia applet, which don't open at
> all.
KDE/Amarok bug

> - Occasionally music hangs for a bit and then restarts a few seconds
> later.  I don't think there's a heavy load going on then, but I
> haven't investigated much because it's irregular.
probably phonon or amarok bug. report and let the devs figure it out.

> I think it might be useful to create a list of Mac-specific bugs on
> the wiki (or elsewhere) to assist any Mac developers in where to go
> with Amarok.  Would such a thing be convenient?
The bug tracker is for bugs. Just remember to add your OS to the
report after you've created it. even if you select it before the
report is submitted it won't get set.
I prefix any obviously OS X bugs w/ [OS X] for e.g.  OSD popup causing
a switch to the space Amarok was launched in (although this is a KDE
bug).

> Thanks so much for the great work in the Amarok 2 cycle!
>
> Andrew Ash
> www.andrewash.com

All your gmail are belong to us.