FLAC tags

Eddie Armstrong eddie_armstrong at ntlworld.com
Thu Sep 18 21:41:58 UTC 2008

Hi Stuart
> Perhaps you could indicate how you are applying  and editing tags at present.
>
> Just as a cheeky aside, one of the Amarok2 devs might note that the tag "Disc
> Number" had been forgotten about when sorting the playlist.

I know Amarok can edit tags - i am referring to non existent tag fields
which would be a boon to cataloguers of music if they existed. I use
Amarok and EasyTag for Tagging.

If it is necessary to put this to some Vorbis development committee then
it would be nice if we on the list tried to reach some consensus of what
tags are required -
I'll read up some more.
Many people buy compilation/greatest hits albums now with tracks from
many different years, so song labelling should be more complete and
differentiated a bit from album labelling.
It would be great if this could happen as it has been a bit of a bugbear
for some time.
I have always understood that it may not be solely Amarok that needs to
think about this but it's got to start somewhere :-)
Eddie