Any way to replay the last few seconds?

Mark Kretschmann kretschmann at kde.org
Fri Oct 24 10:30:31 UTC 2008

On Fri, Oct 24, 2008 at 12:12 PM, Gary Steinert <gary.steinert at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Friday 24 October 2008 01:10:07 Larry Alkoff wrote:
>> I have been looking in the documentation and this mailing list for a way
>> to go back a few seconds in a song and replay from there.
>>
>> This feature is implemented in Banshee using control< and control> and
>> goes back (and forward) 2 seconds each time ctl< is pressed.  So by
>> pressing that key twice I can go back 4 seconds, etc.  But I want Amarok
>> to be my main player <g>.
>>
>> It's very handy when learning my Spanish lessons to go back a few
>> seconds to hear the phrase again.
>>
>> Is there any way to implement this (perhaps a script) in 1.4 or possibly
>> later in 2?
>
> I am working on a feature that allows you to replay a certain amount of the
> track when resuming from pausing. For example, if you pause a track at
> 01:13 it could resume at 01:11. Unfortunately it wont make 2.0 but I'm
> hoping to get it in for 2.1.

To be honest with you, this is the kind of highly specialized
micro-feature that we would never allow into Amarok proper. It's of
use only to a very small minority of users, and would bloat Amarok for
the rest of us.

However, implementing this as an Amarok 2 script and releasing it on
kde-apps.org would be perfectly fine and welcome :)

--
Mark Kretschmann
Amarok Developer