[Feedback] ampache and random play

Daniel Jones danielcjones at gmail.com
Thu Oct 23 17:21:04 UTC 2008

Random/dynamic playlists only work with the local collection right
now. They can in theory work with any queryable collection, but
support for that isn't there yet, maily because: (1) doing a lot huge
queries (which dynamic playlists do) on something like ampache may be
very slow (2) there needs to be a conveniant way to include/exclude
collections from a dynamic playlist. There are also some more
technical issues I won't go into...

So, not right now, maybe in the future.