Scores not working in OpenSuse

Andrew Lowe andrew.lowe at manildra.com.au
Mon Oct 13 11:01:06 UTC 2008

On Monday 13 October 2008 21:20:25 Mark Kretschmann wrote:
> On Mon, Oct 13, 2008 at 12:05 PM, Andrew Lowe
>
> <andrew.lowe at manildra.com.au> wrote:
> > On Monday 13 October 2008 16:45:55 Mark Kretschmann wrote:
> >> Scoring _is_ already implemented and working in Amarok 2 trunk. I did
> >> this a few days ago.
> >
> > This is good... I was having fun with the scripting for Amarok 2, so it
> > does not matter.  It looks very powerful!
> > It does not seem to be a script... could you let me know where this is
> > implemented as I have become interested in how it works now, and would
> > like to see your solution.
>
> http://kollide.net:8060/browse/~raw,r=18631/Amarok/src/Amarok.h
>
> Look for computeScore()

I see the function, and it looks pretty simple, not much different from the
original ruby implementation.  What I am missing is the code that calls this
function...
From your comment for the commit you have implemented the code pretty deep
within the Amarok engine, as score scripts were not common (I also only know
of 2).  I would understand that the function would be called on track change,
and that the engine would pass the oldScore and playCount (retreived from
current track, before the track actually changed), and the playedFraction
would also be available before change of track.
Are there any plans on making available to scripts the last played track? and
percentage of track played?
This would be useful for other scripts such as web services like last.fm (I
know that it is implemented in c++).  Sites, or user could implement upload of
statistics for their web site of choice, and ignore the ones they skip.

> > Any suggestions on scripts that need work, as I kind of would like to
> > play with them a bit more?
>
> There's probably lots, but I can't think of anything off the top of my
> head. I'll add it to this thread as soon as I have some ideas.

I'm sure there is.. someone just responded with a suggestion for archive.org
that I will look at, and see if I am up for the challenge, but I might be off
to bed soon

Thanks heaps

Andrew Lowe