Transfering various artitsts to media device

Sven Eppler sven at sveneppler.de
Fri Oct 3 21:33:29 UTC 2008

Hi there,

i've become a great fan of amarok. It simply rocks. :)

But today i had a problem:
I wanted to transfer a album which was tagged as various artists onto my
media player. The "problem" that now occurs is, that i normaly group my
files by %artist/%album/%title on the device. But with an various title
album this approach leads to a lot of diffrent folders of diffrent
artists with the same album directory and mostly only one file included.

Thats quite logical to me. But i was wondered if there is any way of
handling various artists albums differently from others? Maybe some
scripting or something? Maybe this issue is even something you would
like to take care in later development and provide an additional input
field to select which format various artists album should be transfered?

So thanks for reading,
Sven