Phonon mp3 problems

Dr. Diesel dr.diesel at gmail.com
Thu Oct 2 01:17:32 UTC 2008

On Wed, Oct 1, 2008 at 8:42 PM, Dr. Diesel <dr.diesel at gmail.com> wrote:

> Current SVN of 2.0, when attempting to load any mp3 I receive this error:

> may want to examine the installation of the backend that phonon
>
> This is on a fresh Fedora install.  The suggested Amarok handbook was last
> updated over 2 years ago, didn't find any reference to this error!
>
> I have no other mp3 xine packages installed (found a reference in Ubuntu to
> phonon-xine), but can't find any documentation saying I even need them!
>
> Any suggestions?
>
> Thanks
> Andy

Got a bit of gdb output:

amarok: BEGIN: Meta::TrackList CollectionManager::tracksForUrls(const
KUrl::List&)
amarok:   [CollectionManager] adding  1  tracks
amarok: BEGIN: virtual bool
AmpacheServiceFactory::possiblyContainsTrack(const KUrl&) const
amarok:      url:  "file:///home/andy/Desktop/cry%20to%20me.mp3"
amarok:      do not think so...
amarok: END__: virtual bool
AmpacheServiceFactory::possiblyContainsTrack(const KUrl&) const - Took
0.00021s
amarok: END__: Meta::TrackList CollectionManager::tracksForUrls(const
KUrl::List&) - Took 0.0015s
amarok: BEGIN: void Playlist::Model::insertOptioned(Meta::TrackList, int)
amarok: END__: void Playlist::Model::insertOptioned(Meta::TrackList, int) -
Took 5.5e-05s
amarok: BEGIN: Meta::TrackList CollectionManager::tracksForUrls(const
KUrl::List&)
amarok:   [CollectionManager] adding  0  tracks

Not sure what else to add, please ask!

Andy

--
projecthuh.com
All of my bits are free, are yours?  Fedoraproject.org