[Feedback] Amarok 2 Playlist Features

E. Berkenpies fedora at berkenpies.nl
Tue Nov 18 09:08:44 UTC 2008

On Tue, 18 Nov 2008 02:16:04 +0000,  wrote:
> On Monday 17 November 2008 18:47:33 zparihar at gmail.com wrote:
>> Zubin Singh Parihar sent a message using the contact form at
>> http://amarok.kde.org/en/contact.
>>
>> Hey guys... Where are the playlist features and details that in Amarok

<snip>

> As for some of the other features, there are some, such as the equalizer,
> that
> we cant implement yet. In this case we are waiting for phonon to give us
> the
> functionality. Other features have been dropped because they have been
> seen as
> too inconsequential to include and just bloat the player. Many of these
> features can be implemented as a script if anyone misses them too much ;)

I know a few people that would really love to see some sort of quick search
in the playlist. I've been looking for ways to archive this myself but as
far as I can currently see the Script API doesn't support the needed
options for such a feature. I've been looking into other ways to do it, but
sadly I don't have the skills to change anything in the code regarding the
playlist and the manipulation of it. ;-)

<snip>

--
Eelko Berkenpies
http://www.berkenpies.nl