No audio playback and crash on library build

Justin Brown justin.brown1.1 at gmail.com
Wed Nov 5 17:20:31 UTC 2008

Hi everyone!

I'm using Kubuntu 8.10 (AMD64) with KDE4.1.2 and Amarok from Project Neon
(no version number but the build date is Nov. 3). I can't get any audio to
playback. I have tried lots of my music, shoutcast stations, and a magnatune
store song, but I can't get any audio playback. the status bar moves like it
is playing, but there's nothing. I have no problems with any other audio
applications (including Amarok 1.4.10). I couldn't find any options to set
the playback device, which I think may be the problem. Also, When trying to
build my library (~6500 tracks), Amarok also crashes around 80%.
Some info on my system: Xine backend to Phonon

lspci | grep Audio
00:1b.0 Audio device: Intel Corporation 82801H (ICH8 Family) HD Audio
Controller (rev 03)

Thanks for all the help,
Justin Brown