Amarok 2 Beta 3 - Cover Manager

Rob Hall rhall at lincommander.co.uk
Tue Nov 4 10:06:43 UTC 2008

Hi,

I'm new here so please be gentle :)

I seem to be having major problems with the Cover Manager in Beta 3 (and the
SVN version prior to that). I'm currently using the (K)ubuntu PPA packaged
version of Beta 3 on an x86_64 architecture. If I go through my collection
setting compilation albums to "Show under Various Artists" Amarok becomes
unresponsive after usually a dozen or so albums. Amarok sits using 100% CPU
but does eventually recover. After Amarok recovers if I try to change further
Albums then the freeze time after each album change seems to increase to the
point where Amarok is locked at 100% CPU for hours at a time?

As a test I deleted all my collection datafiles and Amarok settings from my
home dir and started afresh but the problem quickly resurfaced.

I've also previously had an issue where Amarok seemed to 'forget' both covers
and the "Show under Various Artists" settings for albums but I haven't been
able to reliably reproduce this issue.

--
Regards,

Rob

 "To mess up a Linux box, you need to work at it;
  to mess up your Windows box, you just have to work on it."