Editing playlists

Bill Moseley moseley at hank.org
Sat May 17 14:26:42 UTC 2008

I have created a playlist and it's stored in the Playlist tab (under
Playlists).

My question is how do I edit that playlist?

I clear the playlist window on the right.  Then  I double-click my
named playlist to load all the songs.  Now I can play the songs in
that list.

The playlist is too long.  So, next I want to review (play) each song
and remove the rejects from the list.

What I'm not clear about is how do I save back to the list again?
That is, once I remove a number of songs what's the expected procedure
for updating that existing playlist on the Playlist tab?

I can see where it would be nice to have the playlist in the database.
I have two playlists and I'd like to remove all songs from playlist 1
that are also listed in playlist 2 -- which is easy to do in SQL but a
bit more work in the shell.  I know there's a "remove duplicates" menu
items but I want to keep the lists separate.  (suppose I could load
both, remove duplicates, then select first 1/2 and save to a playlist,
then select second 1/2 and save to the other list.)

--
Bill Moseley
moseley at hank.org