amarok + Sansa e280 + playlists = no joy

Yan Seiner yan at seiner.com
Sat May 17 14:23:35 UTC 2008

First of all, let me say that I've been using amarok for a while now and
it fulfills my needs beautifully.

I'm just now coming out of the stone age, though, and trying to get an
mp3 player working.  i bought a SanDisk Sansa e280, and I'd like to get
amarok to transfer music and playlists to it.

Amarok sees the device.  I have r/w perms on it.  I cancopy music to it
and it plays.  I can build playlists on the device.

Within Amarok, I can build a playlist, but when I right click on a
playlist and select 'transfer files to media device' nothing happens.
Nothing - no error, no transfer, no popup, nothing.

Is there anything I can do to diagnose this?

amarok 1.4.9.1 / kde 3.5.9, debian lenny

Thanks,

--Yan

--
  o__

--Mike Godwin, Electronic Frontier Foundation