RF Remote Control Suggestions?

Gleb Litvjak blaster999 at gmail.com
Mon May 12 11:48:33 UTC 2008

On Monday 12 May 2008 09:33:09 Bill Moseley wrote:
> I'm looking for an inexpensive remote to use with Amarok.  I need one
> that is RF as the machine is not near where the remote will be used.
>
> Any suggestions?

Almost all TV tuners have a remote control, and they are supported well under
Linux. You can make your own remote control sensor, and use it with USB2COM
adapter and any remote. Or see the LIRC homepage for a list of supported
remotes available commercially. You can even plug in a Bluetooth dongle into
your box and use your mobile as a remote (I think I saw the relevant software
@kde-apps.org).

Regards,
Gleb