[Feedback] renaming on transfers to devices

amarok.e.wuuza at xoxy.net amarok.e.wuuza at xoxy.net
Fri Mar 28 16:26:52 UTC 2008

John sent a message using the contact form at
http://amarok.kde.org/en/contact.

According to bugs 139980 and 127153, this isn't possible, but I'd like to
be able to transfer without renaming the files.  Konquerer/Dolphin do this
fine, except only one album at a time (frankly I don't know why there can't
be a copying queue).  With Amarok it's nice to enqueue a bunch of albums
and transfer, but occasionally a bad tag screws up the transfer results.
(Yes, I know there are ways to fix the tags.)  Why not add another format
string to the transfer options that is just the filename?  For example, I
could send stuff to %artist%/%filename% or whatever, instead of having to
recreate the filename using the ID3 tags.  Even if the tags were right,
which by and large they are, I don't like things fiddling with stuff I've
already set up.  I bought a mass-storage device with no ID3 support because
I already have everything organized the way I want.  Otherwise, Amarok is
great.