[Feedback] Somewhat of a union

eddie at simplespace.co.nz eddie at simplespace.co.nz
Thu Mar 27 14:32:20 UTC 2008

Edward Steven sent a message using the contact form at
http://amarok.kde.org/en/contact.

Hi there.
My name is Edward Steven. I am currently in the motions of setting up
(I've been at it for a year so far) a little something called
'simplespace'. The website (www.simplespace.co.nz) is online, so please
feel free to check it out (it is very much in development). Anyway. The
focus of the company is to be a worldwide portal of music (hopefully a
recording studio and label) but also a purveyor of open source software
like amaroK. I believe that we could work together to make the simplespace
and amaroK relationship harmonious.

The simplespace concept is, well... simple. It is so far a small community
of like-minded developers, artists, musicians and the like, who have joined
forces to help the music industry. We are starting music piracy solution
groups around our local physical community, but also hope to build an
online presence that will hopefully bring programmers and hackers into the
next motion of music piracy... a solution. We believe that amaroK could be
a key player in this, as the music makers, the music providers and the
music players are all vital stages. Closed source players are not an
option, whereas open-source development is where we are at... it is the
correct mentality and how simplespace aims to work. I believe that using
simplespace as the music development side of a hopefully 2-part team would
bring open-source music into the same realm as say blender, which is well
on the way to releasing the 2nd open movie. How is a collaborative
'open-album' not a possibilty.

My ideas so far are slightly vague, as I do not know how far amaroK's
involvement in the music industry intends to be, and for all I know I may
be barking up the wrong tree, and might only be able to offer a small link
on  the pages of simplespace. However I hope that together we can help make
a movement of music listeners... as iTunes has tried, and failed.

Eddie
Simplespace