GSOC: Amarok 2 Virtual CD Collection

Daniel Winter dw at danielwinter.de
Tue Mar 25 19:59:15 UTC 2008

Am Dienstag 25 März 2008 17:39:57 schrieb Leon York:
> Hi,
>
> I was wondering if this would be suitable as a starting point for a
> proposal for Amarok 2. I am unsure about a few things - How easy it would
> be to integrate this into Amarok 2 and how much mentoring there would be.
> The proposal is at http://leondoes.servebeer.com/GSoCAmarokProposal.pdf.
> Thank you for your help and time.
>
> Leon

Hello,

first i am not an amarok dev so this i just a answer from a users point of
view.

I like that. Well it is different from that proposed on techbase.kde.org (the
cd stack idea) but it is also different from the cover flow seen in iTunes.

But using the middle view of Amarok seems to be a problem for me. It should be
used for a lot of other information so one could only see your work when
browsing collections.

And you should consider a way to go quite fast through the collection. To get
a quick overview of it. Maybe you could arange the CD cover row in a circle so
that when you are at the end you are automaticaly back at the front.

Anyway I just want to say that there is a user who finds it interesting.

DanielW