GSOC: A new service

Alex Kosenkov alex.kosenkov at gmail.com
Tue Mar 25 10:26:40 UTC 2008

Hello,

I want to introduce my ideas about Amarok: adding a new service.
No more no less Amarok is the best player I've ever seen, and I want it to
dominate even more. Basically, I don't like usual approach to store all
audio data on local hard-drives, yeah it is kind of stable, but in this case
a lot of space on a hard-drive is just wasted and very often work with hd
becomes a bottleneck for hardware. But now we have an Internet. Especially
when we have a local network - it's much more effective to store the whole
data on a specific server, which will be manipulating all the data
(basically it is the unix-like approach to do things - make each separate
detail do it's own work and polish it). And MORE: we can make an ability for
users to collaborate with each other. And I can make these features as
flexible as it's possible. This will be completely outstanding feature of
Amarok amongst all other players.

Please, see an attachment for details

--

Best, Alex Kosenkov