Google Summer of Code: Amarok CD Stack Collection View

Nikolaj Hald Nielsen nhnfreespirit at gmail.com
Mon Mar 24 21:52:41 UTC 2008

>   With regards to using OpenGL versus using a QGV... <SNIP>

I think that using OpenGL is a much better bet in the long term as you
can do interesting things with lighting, animations and other effects
really easily. So even if we do not do anything fancy like this
initially, it will at least keep that door open. Also, I really thing
that on most modern hardware, using hardware accelerated OpenGL makes
sense ( Even the eee pc has hardware accelerated OpenGL )

- Nikolaj