Hello everyone

Ian Monroe ian at monroe.nu
Tue Mar 18 14:12:00 UTC 2008

On Tue, Mar 18, 2008 at 2:46 AM, Piotr Zaborski <pitazboras at gmail.com> wrote:
> > I think this Is a worthy project, but my only reservation is that it
>  >  sounds a little short for 3 months of work. I would expand it if
>  >  possible and include a detailed timeline.
>
>  OK, I will try to expand this idea. My easter break starts this
>  Thursday, so I will have more time to prepare the project and
>  application. Of course, I'm still looking for any feedback.
>
>  My timeline "draft":
>  * April, May, June - reading code, documentations etc.
>  * second half of June - my exams
>  * 1st of July (maybe few days earlier, depends on my exams exact date)
>  - start of serious coding
>  * my academic year starts in October 1, so I can code also on
>  September or even early October

Just a clarification, for all the GSoC students:

While of course one of the points of Google Summer of Code is to get
new contributors to open source, and its great to note that you plan
to keep working on your project, as far as SoC proposals are concerned
the "pencils-down" date is a hard one. It's in mid-August or so. So
basically you can plan on starting early (the official beginning is
late-May), but you can't plan on finishing later then the pencil-down
date in August.

Ian