Amarok/Nepomuk SoC - Mentoring

Seb Ruiz ruiz at kde.org
Mon Mar 17 11:17:11 UTC 2008

On 17/03/2008, Sebastian Trüg <strueg at mandriva.com> wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
>  I was happy to see that the Nepomuk backend idea is already on the techbase
>  SoC page. Now I would like to propose myself as a mentor for this task and
>  maybe also have a student who could do it.
>  Whom do I talk to at Amarok about this?

Hey,
Fantastic. I don't think we need to worry about mentors just yet,
since the allocation process is still a long way off (but we now know
of your interest). The best course of action for the moment would be
for your prospective student to write a proposal for the soc
application and post it to the list so we can review it before
submission to Google.

There are a lot of us who have had previous experience with the summer
of code, both as students as mentors (eg, myself, ian, leo, jeff etc
etc). I guess what I'm trying to say is that if you post on the list
or join us in the irc channel it's easy to find someone to answer your
questions.

--
Seb Ruiz

http://www.sebruiz.net/