patches to correct spelling and relative pathing problem

Jeff Cook cookiecaper at gmail.com
Mon Mar 10 20:21:52 UTC 2008

Against this morning's SVN, I wrote these two patches. The first
corrects or circumvents an error that caused Amarok to always save
relative paths one directory too high ... the bug may actually be in
KURL. I'm very new to Amarok 2 hacking (though I made a few small
hacks to 1.x) and not very sure which behaviors are intentional and
which aren't, but I'm sure that error wasn't. With my changes,
playlist seems to always turn a relative path into an absolute path,
though I don't see why (KURL documentation states that other things
return absolute if relative can't be resolved, though it doesn't say
that specifically for relativePath), but that's better than previous
behavior.

An example of the problem: if I add /mnt/500/music/sunnyboats.mp3 to
my default playlist, when I exit and restart Amarok the playlist will
now refer to /home/mnt/500/music/sunnyboats.mp3. If I close and open
Amarok another time, the playlist will point to
/home/<username>/mnt/500/music/sunnyboats.mp3. A third time,
/home/<u>/.kde4/mnt/500/sunnyboats.mp3. My patch stops this but makes
all paths absolute. Please let me know what pieces I'm missing.

My second patch is a simple spelling correction. : )

I love Amarok so much and 2 is very cool. Thank you all for being super awesome.

Signed
Jeff Cook

P.S., attachments probably won't make it to the list, so:

spelling.patch :  http://www.tinysubmit.com/viewpost.php?id=189517
relativejump.patch : http://www.tinysubmit.com/viewpost.php?id=189518