coverflow for amarok 2

Ian Monroe ian at monroe.nu
Sun Mar 9 23:55:42 UTC 2008

On Sun, Mar 9, 2008 at 3:25 PM, Sam Fielder <srf10130 at vtc.vsc.edu> wrote:
>  the stack or tower idea is ok, but it needs to address the speed issue
>  of searching. or don't bother, because amarok is already a great
>  application. I can't wait for a 2.0 to be released, hope it happens soon.

Personally I see the cd tower as a way to make the collection browser
look better and perhaps be more functional. It could easily keep all
the functionality of the collection browser. Note that cover flow was
something they tacked onto iTunes, it didn't replace anything.

Basically we kind of see the utility of coverflow is that it looks
cool, so if we have a collection browser that looks all 3D awesome,
then we don't need a coverflow. There might still be a place for a
entirely cover-centric way of browsing (I've heard of people using the
cover manager to add music) but we can cross that bridge when we get
there.

Anyways I hope all this discussion got someone out there thinking
about a Summer of Code project. ;)

Ian