coverflow for amarok 2

Dan Leinir Turthra Jensen admin at leinir.dk
Sun Mar 9 21:41:07 UTC 2008

Sunday 09 March 2008 Shane King wrote:
> Sam Fielder wrote:
> > I suggest that the developers go find someone with itunes, an iphone or
> > ipod and do some benchmarking tests and see how much faster it is to
> > visually search for a specific album, than scrolling thru a text
> > list.(especially with a large 20Gb + collection)
>
> You're joking right? Searching for a picture (which I may not remember
> what it looks like anyway) from thousands is way, way, way slower than
> just looking for the text. Especially since I can just type the start of
> the name and get there in a second or so.
>
> Cover flow is eye candy, not usability.
>
> Shane.

  It would seem you've not kept up on just how the eye works ;) It *is* a lot
easier to spot an image rather than a text when scrolling - what do you think
nick colouring is for in IRC? :)

  However, i am still absolutely convinced that CoverFlow as it exists in
iTunes and friends (that is, select album, then select track) is less
practical than how the CD Stack concept works (as in, you scroll and the
tracks are THERE, no second level or anything).

--
..Dan // Leinir..
http://www.leinir.dk/

                          Co-