Problems with ipod nano 3G

Juan Pablo Romero Méndez jpablo.romero at gmail.com
Sun Mar 2 19:49:09 UTC 2008

Hello

Since a couple of days ago, I haven't been able to use my ipod with amarok.

The problem is, after transferring music from amarok and disconnecting
the device, the ipod doesn't recognice any music. If I try to connect
the ipod again, it displays this message:
(i'm translating the message from spanish)

"media device: iTunesDB not found in device mounted at /media/JP.
¿Should I try to initialize your ipod?"

There are two options: "initialize" and "cancel". If I try
"initialize", it mounts the ipod, but fails to see any of the
previously copied files. The drive remains full, though.

What could be wrong?

Regards

   Juan Pablo